Wingspan

AVENGERS ENDGAME

Back to Article
Back to Article

AVENGERS ENDGAME

Abby Richardson, staff

Last week, we were blessed with the trailer for Marvel’s new movie; “Avengers Endgame”. The trailer has received more than 72 million views in less than a month. It shows the outcome of “Avengers Infinity War” right after Thanos snapped his fingers and killed 50 percent of the world’s population. It looks like we’re going to be dealing with the aftermath of the battle with Thanos, along with Captain America and Black Widow trying to fix things in the present time.

There are many theories about the movie, the main one being that the movie is going to go through time jumps. Meaning that not every scene will be in sync with what is going on with the Avengers in the present. There are also rumors going around that that at least one of the original Avengers will die in this movie. Since Chris Evans contract is up, a majority of the marvel fan base thinks it will be Captain that will die, but the trailer also reveals a struggling Iron Man after the battle with Thanos.
Another version of what could happen, is that Antman and the surviving Avengers on earth could help rewrite the whole timeline to stop Thanos from destroying the human race. Since Antman is seen in the trailer, everyone is wondering how he escaped from the quantum realm. Since he has came back, it has to be because the quantum realm is going to be a big part of the plot in Endgame.

This will also be creator Stan Lee’s last cameo in his marvel movies since he died in November. The movie will be a kind of tribute to Lee as it is the end of Avenger and many characters, and Lee. Hopefully, it will be a bittersweet goodbye. As Iron Man says in the trailer “part of the journey is the end.”